Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/stanevla/public_html/mmega.net/templates/micromega2/functions.php on line 188
Clear Teams cache on Windows 10
If Teams is giving you problems after basic troubleshooting it could be the client cache. What we want to do is clear Teams cache as one of our troubleshooting steps. The cache for Teams is not always in one place or even a single directory. Depending on what client version you are using, the Desktop version, Edge, Chrome, other browsers and Mac clients. The cache files can be found in multiple directories. The cache deletion will not remove the Microsoft Teams app from your computer. It is important to remember Deleting the Teams cache will remove previously cached Teams settings on your Windows 10 PC. The cache deletion will remove the following Microsoft Teams items from your Windows 10 PC; the web client cache, icons, thumbnails, local message history, and your Microsoft Teams display images. Your new Microsoft Teams cache directory will be restored automatically after you completed deleting the cache by using your organization’s Microsoft 365 cloud account.
This is intended for use only by a Microsoft365 teams professional and only works on the Microsoft Teams Desktop Client Version at this time.
Steps to clear the Teams cache:
- Exit of the Microsoft Teams Desktop APP
- Right click on the Teams icon in your system tray
- Click Quit
- Click on the File Explorer
- In the address bar copy and paste the following location into File Explorer: %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams
- Delete all files and folders in that Directory
- Restart the Computer
- Restart Microsoft Teams.
Only after clearing ALL the Teams cache locations is it considered a clean start for the Teams app.
Other locations for Microsoft Teams clients are:
• %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache
• %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage
Google Chrome cache files location
• %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache
• %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies
• %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data
Internet Explorer cache files location
• Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files
• Internet Explorer Cookies